6.12.2009

East Asia Vision Trips

Myanmar & Vietnam

“All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
Matthew 28:18-20

Shalom my brothers and sisters in Christ!

My name is John Jowoon Lee and I’m currently attending All Nations Church. I serve as a student leader and praise leader in the College Group. After much praying and meditating on God’s word, I’ve made a commitment to serve the Lord overseas this summer. Not only will I be part of the Myanmar mission trip, but also through God’s amazing grace, I’ve been offered an opportunity to join a research team dedicated to scoping educational conditions for developing a Christian-value school in Southeast Asia.
I believe this is truly God’s answer to my prayer and I’m in faith asking you to partner with me as I go share the Gospel of Jesus Christ! I’ve been desiring for God to show and direct me to a country where I can serve the Lord overseas as a long-term missionary. This is an opportunistic time for me to explore and see a glimpse of what God has in store for me and for His nations. All of your prayer and support are greatly needed as I go to the following two countries this summer:

Myanmar July 21-28

This summer I will be going to Myanmar along with a team of eight, led by Pastor David Lee (College Group Pastor). We will be sharing in the gospel to encourage the current church leaders and the youth. Personally I will be sharing my testimony of how I came to receive Jesus as my Lord and Savior, partaking in a team skit based on surrendering the idols in our lives, and performing body worship to encourage with the Burmese people. While researching on and praying for the country of Myanmar, God has allowed me to become aware of and care for the needs and desires of the people.

Vietnam July 28 - August 4

After my Myanmar Trip, I have the honor of going to Vietnam for another vision trip. The past few months I’ve been praying for God to show me potential places where I can serve as a lifetime missionary. As I waited patiently on the Lord, He further developed in me a greater passion for the lost. This will be my first trip to Southeast Asia. However, I have been specifically praying to go to somewhere within the 10/40 window, so I believe God has truly heard my prayers and is allowing me to see and experience Him in a more tangible way.
After my team returns home, I will be staying in Vietnam for 7 more days. I will be actively researching in preparation for the vision to establish a top-tier school found on the basis of Christian values. In Vietnam where such educational offerings are rare, we pray that God would use this school to naturally introduce students to the Lord while providing a quality education. Pastor Abraham Chung (ANC Christian Education Department Pastor) will be heading this initiative with other Christian leaders to build an international school, “Harvard Ivy School,” in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam.
This is not only a vision trip, but also a full-time commitment offered to me as a professional position. I’ve been entrusted with assessing the current educational systems in these countries and studying how we can effectively incorporate Christian values with improved teaching. This a huge responsibility, and I truly need your personal prayers and support.

How you can help
While I will be receiving a stipend for my travel expenses overseas, I would need additional financial support to cover my living expenses. Your help will free me up to focus my time and energy on the above mentioned task. We cannot bring this vision to fruition without prayer and gifts from the body of Christ. I pray that, in your love for the lost, you would extend yourself to the people of Myanmar & Vietnam in this way.

If you would like to make a contribution please make a check out to “Jo Woon Lee” by Monday, July 20.

Please commit to praying for me regularly.
If you would like to receive prayer updates via email, please let me know.

Prayer Request for Myanmar:
  • That our team can love and encourage the Myanmar church leadership.
  • That I share and get to know the people from the youth camp with humility and love.
  • That our team would be united as we work for God’s Kingdom.
  • For significant breakthroughs in the Burmese people whose majority is strongly entrenched by Buddhism, and where only 5% know Christ.
  • For God to remove any potential restrictions on fellowship with Christians from other regions.

Prayer Request for Vietnam:
  • For God to protect me as I travel to different places.
  • That I wouldn’t think of this trip only as work but as a ministry. Where God is sending me to make Him known.
  • That things would work out smoothly as I go and visit schools and interview teachers and school officials.
  • That God would use Pastor Abraham through this whole process as I’m supporting.
  • That God would be most glorified in all the work I’m doing.

With Christ love,
John Jowoon Lee
473 N. Los Robles Ave. #101
Pasadena, CA 91101
jowoonlee@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment